Last weekend, when in London, I checked my WordPress-app to see if my scheduled post had gone up. It was then I noticed I had a visitor who came to my blog via a link on another blog. Apparently I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by silentnightreviews!
This award recognizes new bloggers, so I am honoured to be nominated and know that people like my writings and ramblings. Thank you very much for this, Alexandra, it is so appreciated!
Let’s start with the eleven questions Alexandra left for me.
1. If you could spend one day in any fictional world, which one would it be and why?(Book, movie, TV show)
Easy one. I would go to Hogwarts, even though one day would be not enough to do all the things I would want to. Still, in one day I hope I can attend some cool classes, peruse the castle and have some Hogsmeade candy and drinks.
2. What is your favorite book?
How I hate this question.. I’ve read so many great books that it is hard to choose my ‘favourite’.. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows (J.K. Rowling) for one, is one of my favourite books. But I also have to mention Robin Hobb’s Farseer Trilogy, and .. and.. You catch my drift, don’t you?
3. What novel would you want to be made into a movie and who would play the lead character?
I think Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn would be a lot of fun to watch on the big screen. As for who would play Vin, I’d say Jennifer Lawrence. I’m impressed by the diversity in her acting, so I believe she could pull this off.
4. What is your favorite quote?
I don’t really have one, to be honest.
5. What format are you most comfortable reading in?(paperback, hardback, ebook, audiobook)
Paperback, without a doubt. I have a strong preference for physical books – can’t stand audiobooks and eReading is kind of ok – and paperbacks are easier to handle. Also, since I like to own a lot of my books, paperbacks – especially the mass market ones – are way cheaper than the hardbacks.
6. If money was no issue, where would you travel and why?
The Nordic countries – Norway, Sweden, Finland, … – and Australia. I would also like to revisit America.
7. Ice cream or cake, and which flavor?
Both? If I have to choose, I’d go with ice cream, either a fruity flavour (passion fruit, lemon, ..) or a sweet Ben & Jerry’s.
8. Biggest pet peeve?
My bookish pet peeve would be lending out books and not getting them back in the condition I gave them. It doesn’t have to be pristine, but if I get it back manhandled…
9. Who would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
I’m not one to swoon over fictional characters, so I have no fictional boyfriends. One that is eligible, however, is Atticul O’Sullivan from the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne. I really like his personality and he’s quite the looker as well. Never mind that he’s 21 centuries old..
10. What book made you feel the most emotion?(Happiness, sadness, anger)
Any Harry Potter can do that from the fourth onwards. Also, Assassin’s Quest by Robin Hobb pulled my heartstrings quite a lot.
11. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I’ve been blogging for quite some time now. Before this one, I had a Blogspot account but that one didn’t really work out for me, so I switched to this one.
My main motivation for blogging is still the same, however. I am quite the reader, but no one in my close vicinity reads the kind of books I like to read. So I have no gushing- or ranting-buddy. Blogging gives me just the platform for that and as a nice bonus, I get to reach out to some really nice people who also like to read.
And now, eleven random facts about me:
1. The days cats and dogs will start their war, I’ll side with the feline kind.
2. I am always watching different series and obsessing over one or the other. Thus I am prone to binging. As of now, I have seen quite some great series, but my favourite remains Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
3. Despite my obsession with different series, I’m not that big on movies. Don’t get me wrong, I do like movies, but I just like series better. Especially long movies don’t always manage to keep me invested. So it has to be a really good film to keep me glued to my seat. If not, I’ll opt out or doze off – I’m looking at you, Avatar!
4. I need variety in my reading, so even though I can get highly invested in a series, I have to read other books between installments.
5. My favourite holiday destinations are all the rainy kind, being the UK, Scotland and Ireland.
6. The games I prefer are all of the same kind, being Fantasy games. My favourites are Legend Of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Fire Emblem. Even though I’m turning 27 in November, I do like to play some Pokémon once in while.
7. I am very much an evening person. If I don’t have to work the next day, I like to cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and a book or my current series obsession. More often than not, it gets way past midnight when I do so and I really have to kick myself off the couch and into bed.
8. I graduated last year as a psychologist and am currently employed at a high school for kids with autism.
9. My prefered hot beverage is tea – no matter which one, but I can’t do without my Earl Grey and Yellow Label with milk. I do like coffee, but I like tea better.
10. Despite being an avid reader, I don’t like the idea of Readathons. I like reading challenges, but rushing through books just for the sake of reading as much as you can in a certain amount of time just doesn’t appeal to me.
11. My favourite colour is blue.
The following blogs are the ones I nominate for the Liebster Award: Love thy Shelf, Nymphadora Winterfell (great name!), Devouring Fictions, Fieittyreads, Kacie’s Bookshelf, The Girl Who Read Too Much, Writersmania, Partnersinbooks, 1booklife, Bookfuls and Bookcorners.
And here are the questions I have for you guys if you choose to do this:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What is the last amazing book you read?
3. Do you prefer a movie or tv series adaption from books, or neither?
4. Which books/movies are you looking forward to for the remainder of the year?
5. What is your idea of a perfect evening?
6. Favourite holiday destination?
7. Do you have any peculiar bookish habits?
8. If you could do anything, what would you do?
9. What superpower would you want?
10. Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Ravenclaw or Gryffindor?
11. What would you want to wake up for in the middle of the night?
Once more, thank you so much for this award and for reading the writings on my digital wall.