Sometimes, it’s hard for me not to feel like I am Jennifer Lawrence. I always go my merry way, and then, all of a sudden, the awards and nominations keep piling up. Also, I am quite the klutz as well – falling, bumping into things. But enough about me, first of all, I would like to thank Alyssa for presenting me with the One Lovely Blog award. You are a lovely person as well, Alyssa, with an equally lovely blog. As for this award, what better day to do this than Valentine’s Day. Let’s get this love around, shall we?!
– Each nominee must THANK the person who nominated them and link their blog in the post.
– They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image
– They must add 7 facts about them.
– Then nominate 15 people!
1. I can’t function without my coffee and tea. While I really like both, I would pick tea if I only could drink one of the two. I also like having a wide variety of teas at home, so I can choose whichever I like whenever. I think that, at the moment, we have over 30 flavours, both bagged and loose tea. My favourites are the ginger- and orange-spiced ones, but since last week or so, I’m on a mint-kick.
2. Another kick I’m on, at the moment, is rock. I blame Supernatural for that, but ever since hearing Carry On Wayward Son in the seaon one finale, I went in search of my old rock albums and now I’m playing Kansas, Blue Öyster Cult, Poison, Nazareth, Toto, REO Speedwagon, … All interspersed with the frequent Taylor sweetness or Rihanna banger, that is. Boy’s gotta dance.
3. It’s difficult to remember which facts I’ve already shared with you in these tags and which I haven’t. But I’m quite sure we have yet to have the talk about flowers. My favourite flowers are orchids and gardenia. While my orchids are starting to bloom again (one for the third time and my dendrobium nobile is finally in its second bloom), I have yet to get my gardenia to bloom. Such a difficult little one!
4. Despite me being a sweettooth and liking all of the pies and cakes and stuff, I don’t like baking them. I much prefer cooking over baking. In fact, I bought the ingredients to bake a little something about a month ago, but have yet to start.
5. Another thing I don’t like, is going out. We had this discussion at work the other day about clubbing and stuff, and they were surprised that I only went to a party like that twice, three times at most. While I can enjoy myself, I much prefer staying in. I mean, why go in search of a party when with the right music and entertainment, I can have a party in my head? Also, those books won’t read themselves you know!
6. Books will always be my biggest material weakness. We only said it to each other this weekend, that it will be quite the ordeal to move house again with all those books – not that we have any plans since we only moved in with each other little over a year ago and we’re good where we are. But when we will act on the Edinburgh-dream, lots of boxes will have to be shipped.
7. Letting go of books is not easy. I have a books at my parents’ with books that are looking for a new owner, but with my taste in (English) books, it’s hard to find someone who’s willing to adopt. The most fun way of letting to of books, however, is just randomly leaving a book somewhere for others to find. I have already left books in L.A., London, Edinburgh, Dublin and of course Belgium. Whenever I leave a book, a write a little not in it and give some way to contact me. Unfortunately, I have not received any messages from new owners 😦
You are lovely too!
Ana, Analee, RedheadedBooklover, Panda, Jess, Nya, Kacie, CW, Elza, Betty, Orang-Utan, Aimal, Aentee, Jesse and Kat
If you have already done this tag or have no interest in doing this, feel free to ignore!