I recently posted my Infinity Dream Award nomination, and while my post was still steaming hot, I got nominated for yet another award. This is all getting a bit too much you guys, I’m at breakneck speed running out of acceptance speeches.. Still, it is very nice to get nominated, so thank you so much, Giovanna from Book Coma, for the Versatile Blogger Award!
As with every award, here are the rules to this one:
1. Show the award on your blog
2. Thank the person that has nominated you
3. Share 7 different facts about yourself
4. Nominate blogs of your choice
5. Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination
Next to acceptance speeches, I’m also running out on facts to share with you guys. Here’s to hoping that you don’t already know these things about me.
1. While I love the week between Christmas an New Year, I don’t like where we’re at right now. Probably largely due to the fact that I’ve studied at uni for seven years and exams were always in January, right after the Holidays. So while it was that blissful week between the Holidays, all was right in the world. But the moment it turned January, this feeling of dread came upon me. Even now, while I’m working and no longer have exams to take, I still feel like this post-Holiday period is pretty bleak.
2. The Holidays means Holiday decorations and a Christmas tree. While a lot of people get rid of it all around the 6th of January – if you have a real tree, the city’s cleaning service comes to pick them up on the 7th – I think that’s way too early. I really like the little lights and when I still lived at home with my parents, we always had the Christmas tree up from around the 15th of December till the 15th of January, so I aim at that date to put the cozy back in the attic. Last year, it was February, though.
3. What I don’t get rid of, though, are the tealights. I have about 12 around the living room in different holders, so during the evening, the big lights go out and the little candles get lit.
4. This year marks the first year in many where I didn’t ask for books as a New Year’s gift. Instead, I added Zelda: Majora’s Mask and Fire Emblem: Awakening to my games collection.
5. My sister and I are pretty much series-addicts. Some time ago, she was asking me for recommendations and solely based on hearsay, I made her watch Supernatural. It was soon before long and she was over the brink and deep into the fandom and kept pestering me into watching it myself. I held strong, however, and it wasn’t until the end of last December that I started watching it. The result is that I am now the proud owner of the first ten seasons on DVD.. This feels like the time she pushed me to watch Vampire Diaries and got me addicted to that as well. Yes, we are a terribly good influence on one another!
6. Supernatural will have to share the spotlight with Charmed, though, my favourite series along with Buffy. My boyfriend got me/us the complete collection and since we has never seen the show from beginning to end, we’re going to watch it together. It’s great for me to relive this series once again and completely this time – cause here in Belgium, this one channel on tv is almost permanently running the show, so I’ve seen bits and pieces of it throughout the last couple of years – and it’s even better to watch him see this for the first time. With the exception of the first half of the first season, cause we already watched those episodes together once, years ago, and he’s seen bits and pieces of it as well in his own time.
7. Talking about Charmed, I was that obsessed with the show during my teens that I made my own Book of Shadows. I found this site that had stills from all the pages ever shown in the series so I copied those on paper bound between two sturdy cardboard endpapers. I painted the images, so when dry, the pages made this sound like it was this very old book. I did numerous revisions on it and by the end, it was a big book filled with lore from Charmed, Buffy and my own spells and potions. I got rid of it, though. Sometimes it’s time to grow up and let go of certain things..
And the nominees are…
Ana, Analee, RedheadedBooklover, Panda, Alyssa, Jess, Nya, Kacie,
CW, Orang-Utan, Aimal and Aentee
If you have already done this tag or have no interest in doing this, feel free to ignore!